I’ve been wanting to make my own granola for a while now.. This is my version. For the most part I usually play around with the ingredient ratios..so feel free to adjust the amount of nuts, seed and dried fruits.
4 cups oats
4 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil**
4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Cup Raw cashews**
1 Cup Raisins
1 Cup Mulberries**
4 Scoops Hemp Seeds**
1 Cup Shredded Coconut -big strips**
1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
Cinnamon + Himalayan sea salt
METHOD: Preheat oven to 300 degrees**
In large bowl-combine the oats w/ the Coconut Oil until well coated
Add the softend Coconut Oil
Next, add in the Cashews, Sunflower Seeds, Raisins, Mulberries, Cinnamon, Sea Salt and mix well
Spread the Mixed granola onto a parchment lined baking sheet; place in oven and turn down oven temp to 150 degree and bake for 35-40 mins – Depending on oven.. make sure to check granola as it is baking and mix well to get a good even bake on it.
>> oven temp’s may vary – I baked the granola for approx 40 mins -Check granola throughout to see if it’s crispy 😉
Have fun with this recipe. Add your own variety of nuts, seeds and chopped dates.. YUMMY!!
** I get most of my bulk Ingredients listed above from Raw Elements.
Check out there website; you get an additional 10% off products use this Code HBL39
Sunday’s are a great day to get ourselves ready for the week ahead. This could mean prepping your meals for the week, doing a deep clean of your home, laundry, organizing your family’s lunches, and more. I like to do a variety of these tasks to prepare me for the week ahead so I am organized and ready to go. Here are my top 3 things I like to get done so I can set myself up for success in the week ahead.
Make a To-Do List:
Writing out a ‘to-do’ list for the following morning will give you that head start as soon as you wake up for your day; this allows for greater success in completing those tasks that may of otherwise been neglected. Making to-do lists is a sure way to stay on the course of success.
Tend to Your Home:
To me, this means keeping your home and space clean and clutter-free. An organized space equals an organized mind – your focus and clarity will be evident in a clean organized space. This is especially important for those of us whom work from home; it is not ideal to be creative in a space that is dirty, cluttered and disorganized. I also tend to do most of my laundry on Sunday’s as it sets me up with more clean outfits for my week ahead + fresh linens** = better sleep, and it just feels nice to have everything clean and ready to go!
Meal Prep & Planning
A BIG thing in my life is meal prepping and healthy foods..so I am often in my kitchen preparing wholesome healthy recipes and meals to take with me when at work or on the go. This not only saves me money – by making my own snacks and meals, it also is a much healthier way to eat. This way I won’t have to eat poor quality crappy foods when out because I have prepared my own to take with me or to have ready for when I get home. This is an important part of living a Holistic Lifestyle – it is all about prepping ahead of time so you can eat healthy and reach your fitness goals daily 🙂
Setting yourself up for success can be small weekly changes to your life that add up in a BIG way and you will see results by these small changes.
Happy Sunday All… **and stay tuned for my line of Organic Sprays coming soon**
Start your weekend right with these 5 quick-fit tips!
- Have an early morning sweat session; this could be whatever you desire ( even sex! 😀 ), a fun fitness class, outdoor run, dancing around your home – get in at least 30-45 mins. You will be thankful that you have done this! My favorite way to”Wake-up” is have a VEGA Pre-Energizer before I workout. It is Plant Based and has no harsh stimulants.
- Eat a clean, healthy breakfast; this could be, organic eggs, sprouted grain toast; a bowl of oatmeal with hemp seeds and fruit (chopped apples); or a Greens Protein Smoothie. YUM!
- Throughout your day; eat clean snacks and meals.; a large mix green salad with pumpkin seeds, avocado, sprouts, shredded purple cabbage, celery, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas. Just load the salad up with as much as you can – including FR Chicken, or Turkey, Salmon if you wish. Try Cashews or almonds with an apple or hummus and rice chips, or a plant-based protein bar such as VEGA Protein bars (I love them), as a healthy alternative for snacks throughout your day.
- Hydrate with clean pure water – away from your meals and preferably room temp. Maybe add a little fresh lemon for light cleansing and a light support for your LIVER.
- Finish your day light – meaning, lighten the ‘foods’ towards the later part of your evening. Why? Eating heavy rich foods late in the evening will compromise your weight loss goals. Eating heavy foods late will also disrupt sleep causing poor quality rest which we need for repair and recovery. Late night eating puts stress on the digestive system and liver as well so you may find waking up more ‘groggy’ and lethargic than usual.
What do you do to get fit quick?
Happy Friday!!! J
<a href=”http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-7963438-11938194-1425929628000″ target=”_top”> <img src=”http://www.ftjcfx.com/image-7963438-11938194-1425929628000″ width=”600″ height=”463″ alt=”Try the all-new Vega Bars” border=”0″/>